Mice that work well with OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jialuolu, Sep 3, 2007.

1. jialuolu macrumors regular

I'm still using the Mighty Mouse that came with my iMac and it's driving me insane with the scroll ball getting stuck almost everyday now. The only thing stopping me from getting a third party mouse is that I love that I can activate Expose by pressing down on the scroll ball. So does anyone know of mice the work well with OS X and/or have programmable buttons? Thanks

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I believe you can fix the scroll ball by turning Mighty Mouse upside down and running it over a damp cloth.

I'd suggest practically anything from Logitech, as their quality is high but you might want to search the forums for software to use with them for acceleration and button assignments as several people seem to have trouble with the configuration software. I'm not having a problem now but that could change.

3. MK2007 macrumors regular

Apple hasn't produced a good mouse since the days of the beige Macs. I use a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000. It works flawlessly. If you have a new iMac, you will like the silver color of this mouse, too.

4. irongiant14 macrumors newbie

i got a logitech mouse for $25 at best buy. It works without a hitch. It doesn't have side buttons, which I miss, but the scroll wheel can go sideways.

5. zami macrumors regular

Another vote for the MX Revolution. Great mouse with the coolest scroll wheel of all, once tried you will never want to go back to a conventional wheel.

6. Pili macrumors regular

If your fine with a wired mouse then get the razer pro click. Best mouse ive ever owned and the most recent version of the software works great for expose/anything else you assign it to do. Logitech is good to though.

7. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

mx1000
    basically any mouse + steermouse will solve your problems. you can map any mouse button to expose. Just don't use the logitech control center, it's junk

8. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Another vote for the logitech MX series, even the 400 is cool but the Revo is top notch, and agreed to NOT use their software.....it sux bigtime.

Also any of the MS Intellimouse series work great too, and surprisingly, so does their software. Now aint that a scary thought! :eek:

Stay away from Kensington mice. If you think Logitech's software sux, you aint seen nothin yet :p

9. Toknee macrumors member