Micorsoft Word 2004 & Table of Contents

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rosindabow, Jun 3, 2007.

1. rosindabow macrumors newbie

Does anyone truly understand how to make a table of contents with Microsoft Word 2004? I am trying to make one with what I would consider slight modifications, with no luck. One of the things I want to do is have a title - that appears in my document with it's first letter as an upper-case, and the rest of the letters in lower-case - appear in my TOC as all upper case. I created a Field Entry but have no idea how to make it show up. There are a few other things as well. Anyone know of a good clear article or FAQ that would lay out a step-by-step method? Thanks!

2. Gee macrumors 65816

Change the format on the embedded style 'TOC1' (or whichever style your TOC is in) to 'all caps' by doing Modify and then selecting 'Font' from the dropdown at the bottom... Make sense?

3. llimbo72 macrumors newbie

More help with TOC

Hi there -

I'm trying to generate a TOC from a document I've already written - 125 pages long. The formatting of the headings has to be the way I've done it, not the way Word 2004 wants to do it. I've marked the paragraphs with the levels I want, but I still get an error that there are no table of contents entries found.

I was very interested by the previous post, and thought I could use the headings from Word to do this, but I can't seem to figure out how to 'modify' the headings styles that Word uses.

Any help would be appreciated -

Christine.