Micro Center Black Friday New Pros $100/$150 off

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dilgreene, Nov 22, 2018.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Best Buy no longer (in most cases) price matches Micro Center due to the "1 per household" rule. A few months ago I tried to match a 10.5" Pro 5 separate times over chat and was denied every single time based on that.

2. shinseiromeo macrumors regular

shinseiromeo

It may be totally random. My first chat was a success as well as first trip in store.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I got my local Best Buy to price match the Microcenter that is 40 minutes away. I just asked, "Can you save me a trip to Microcenter and price match this?" The manager said since they have a bunch in stock at MC they would do it.

4. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

It’s crazy to me Microcenter has this sale still

What black magic are they pulling?

5. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

Not the eGPU... :p

I just checked prices at the Brooklyn MC, yup still going.

6. hectorvs macrumors regular

hectorvs

they must have some sort of sales incentive by Apple, move X number of units and get a bonus, worth losing some money on the units themselves to get that bonus (whatever it is).

who knows, just a shot in the dark

7. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

That’s what I’m thinking since they’re an authorized reseller too

8. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

Theres that and more evidence for those who think these have much more margin built into them than ipads of yesteryear. In the ipad 1-3 generations i can scarcely recall any official sales at all. They were limited to mainly target or walmart giving out giftcards with them on bf.

9. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

On December 10th Best Buy will have an "iPad" on sale..just not sure which one they will have..will be great if its the latest one but going by their history it will probably be the previous generation one..tried my best but they just wont price match microcenter, that 1 per household kills the deal tried maybe 15 chat agents they all said no

10. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

I got the price matched!!! Called best Buy..talked to an amazing guy named Scott..he matched it no problem..said he had NO idea what the problem was took literally a minute to do..I placed the order, I gave him the order number and he brought down the price to 799..so I got 163 and change back(I also used a 110.80 dollar gift card) crossing my fingers and hoping for the best that it wont come damaged or defective in anyway(the whole warp thing that Ive been reading about)

11. hectorvs macrumors regular

hectorvs

I actually ended up returning the iPad to microcenter... Found an insane deal at some online store called hhgregg through Google Express. With a discount plus a BF coupon I got the 64gb wifi 11” iPad for $664, no taxes... I don’t think I’ll ever be able to match that deal anywhere, lol.

12. naturalstar macrumors 6502a

naturalstar

For anyone interested, Microcenter is STILL running this sale! The limit is showing 2 per household now with decent stock.

I have 2 in my area, one 10 minutes from my main Best Buy store, so they were already familiar. I was able to get an immediate price match with a manager override. Since there is no longer the Black Friday restriction, it may be worth giving a call/chat with BB online to see about a PM.

Microcenter is in BB’s system as a store they price match. My main BB store says they will price match any local store within a 50 mile radius along with the usual well-known online retailers.

13. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

This sale is still going on. I checked this morning.

14. Act3 macrumors 68000

Best Buy has similar sale going on

15. newellj, Jan 12, 2019 at 1:44 PM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 5:45 PM

newellj macrumors 604

And I had no trouble matching at Best Buy, though the Pro 11" wasn't on sale at Best Buy (most versions, anyway).

16. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

What capacity did you get?

17. newellj macrumors 604

Got the 256 wifi (for the price of the 64, or $150 off). Yeah, twisted logic, because I can probably live just fine with the 64, and I could have bought the 64 for $100 less than the 64. I think my twisted mind felt like I was being taken advantage of if I chose a $100 discount instead of a $150 discount. Or something like that. :rolleyes::Do_O

The 11" that's technically in my sig was the 11" 256gb LTE that I returned within the 14 day window because it was badly bent. So I'm now back to where I started, more or less.

By the way, did you notice that the discounts at MC on the LTE versions were tiny ($50) in comparison to the wifi versions ($100 or $150)? I wonder what's up with that. But then, I wonder how MC is discounting these so much in the first place.

18. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

No twisted logic, I’d go for the 256gb myself. I can roll with 64gb on a phone, but need more for the iPads.

Maybe because Apple has to pay the carriers for the LTE coverage, they have more control over LTE pricing and sales? Who knows? I do not notice heavy markdowns on LTE models for months (but then, I never pay attention because I buy WiFi only).

I am glad you received a better 11” iPP. Enjoy it.