Micro scratches on screen after 2 weeks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyAppleWorld, Sep 30, 2016.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

i have had my iPhone 7 two weeks and today is my last day for return.

I have looked at the screen under a light and already there are fine scratches - probably on the oleophobic coating. I never noticed such scratches in my 6s when I cleaned that to sell.

I have only put the phone down face up and it has not been in a pocket with other items - I'm not sure how this has happened. Either the screen is very delicate or they were there when I bought it.

I have setup a return online and requested refund - I will plan to buy in store within the next week.
    Will Apple examine the screen and determine I've scratched it and refuse refund?

2. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

My 6S plus had this issue. But my 6 was pristine after a year. I think the coating differs between units. Or that button on jeans is wreaking havoc.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

They will hardly look. You will get the same micro scratches on your next iPhone too.

4. JCCL macrumors 6502a

Pointless return.....just accept normal wear and tear.......or buy a screen protector, not return phones you got scratched.

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Cartalk Guys: Buy a car pre-scratched, and you don't have to worry about it, losing sleep, why, it gonna happen eventually!

6. WilliamG macrumors G3

I had this issue with my launch 6s Plus. Within a month or two it looked TERRIBLE (made a thread about it because it was micro-scratched over the entire screen), whereas my 6 was perfect a year later. I had my 6s Plus exchanged, and the replacement never developed any scratches over the next 10 months. Of course it's hard to say if a defective device is your issue, but given my experience it's not out of the question.

7. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Now that I'm on the upgrade program I don't really care so much. I just lived with that 6S plus for 12 months and traded it in.

8. zemaker macrumors regular

Honestly this seems to be very common with release units of any iPhone variant. I had the same issue with a launch date iPhone 6. Apple replaced the glass for unrelated issues (camera alignment was off) and I never again had the micro scratches issue again.

You may want to take it to the Apple Store and show it to them, I am 99.9% sure they'll replace your iPhone.

9. Sunny1990, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Screen protector is the solution or it will also happen to your next phone