Micro SD card w/ adapter help (Mac user)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by C-lon, Jun 4, 2009.

1. C-lon macrumors member

*I will provide a few links to help explain my situation.

I recently bought an 8 gig micro sd card that came with a larger SD card adapter (seen here). Whe I plugged the micro sd card, adapter card, and media reader (the 15-in-1 reader & writer) all into my computer, the card did not register as being inserted (my theory is that there are too many connections). I was wondering if I could figure out the problem and access my memory card, but if that is not an option, I was wondering if I could buy this (link) so that I could use regular SD cards (having two connections) as well as micro sd cards (having three connections) If I need to be more specific, feel free to ask.

2. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

I use my micro sd card in a full size sd adapter through a USB card reader and it works fine for me...

-Tony

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same here.

4. C-lon thread starter macrumors member

Was it the same reader I use though? Am I not putting it in the correct slot?

5. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

Mines wasn't the same brand as yours but it is the same concept... it is the exact same thing just a Kingston brand. But yours should work. Try a different card reader. It might be a reader issue?

-Tony