Micro sim and nano sim

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adamj575, Jul 17, 2013.

1. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

I've got a vzw iPhone 5...I am thinking of picking up a lumia 928...I have an old micro sim...can I use this in my new 928 and effectively swap back and forth between devices or will I have to go to a Verizon store to have them swapped back and forth...I can't grasp this because shouldn't only one sim be tied to my account at one time?...since the sims aren't interchangeable what is the solution to this?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Assuming the other phone is LTE enabled, you can just get a plastic SIM card adapter to swap between the phones. You may have to call verizon or log into your account online to manually swap the MEID numbers on the account though. Normal gsm phones don't need to do that but CDMA phones do. You won't need a second or new sim. Just an adapter.

3. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

Sweet man, that's exactly the kind of answer I was lookin for!

----------

Back when I was swapping a regular CDMA micro sim between two droids I didn't have to do anything online...just swap from one to the other

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Well then you should be all set. I wasn't sure if Verizon still requires MEIDs to be changed on lte phones with a SIM card after you swap them.

5. darster Suspended

You will still need to switch devices online or on the phone. You just cant pull sim from one device and put into another with Verizon if you are switching between devices using same phone number.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Ok so I guess it is like I thought.

7. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I've had two warranty swaps and a replacement done at the apple store. They just swapped the SIM card. Never changed the MEID in Verizon's system. If I look at my device info online, it is still the original iPhone 5 purchased on launch day.

So it may be as simple as just a sim swap.

8. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

That is exactly what I did with my galaxy note 2 my galaxy nexus and my galaxy s4 when I had them...I just turned the device off swapped the sim and turned the new on on...simple as that...my main question was what to do with the nano sim and it not being the right size for any other phone...but the adapter seems to answer my question....my only question now is will the adapter be compatible with any micro sim slot like the kind that has the tray vs the Samsung kind that just slide into a slot...

9. darster Suspended

Did you purchase those phones from Verizon? If yes, then they already have those phone on record registered to your account and phone number, and you can swap the sims and just turn on. If you had bought someone else's phone, you would need to activate it on your account.