Micro-Sim swap question from Krzr->iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TB07-NJ, Jul 10, 2010.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

If I activated a new Micro-Sim in an old AT&T Krzr flip phone that currently has the $15 unlimited data plan (using an adapter of course) and then moved it into an iPhone 4 would DATA or calls function AT ALL on the 4 even for a short period of time?

Would it ultimately get shut down or would it just be moved to an iPhone data plan or would it just not function at all?

Reason is I lost my iPhone a month ago and since the 4 was so close I didn't replace it so I temporarily activated an old Krzr and kept an unlimited data plan on it. Now when i get my "4" I want to get back the unlimited data.

I've read the threads about the 2G-> 4 "trick" but since I don't have a 2G I can't do that. Wonder if anyone has tried it with a "non-smartphone" that has an unlimited data plan into a iPhone 4.

2. iWantiPhone macrumors regular

AT&T may or may not detect the fact that you are using the iPhone 4..they probably wont but you wont have visual voicemail.

3. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

I want them to recognize it and put me on the unlimited plan rather than the 2G plan. :)

4. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Nope, this will not work. You need a smartphone unlimited data plan.

The June 7th announcement was only for smartphones. So if you have the $15 data plan on your Krazr you are out of luck. However if you did not remove your iPhone Unlimited Data plan then it is still there and you will be able to move to the iPhone 4 and keep the iPhone data plan.

So the magic question: Did you change your iPhone data plan after you lost your iPhone?

Dave

5. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Yep, I did, because it was BEFORE the announcement. :( Actually it was mid-late May. I guess my only option is the "iPhone 2G trick" but I don't have access to a 2G.