Micro SIM to SIM Adapter (Homemade)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by esadb, Aug 17, 2010.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

So I received my iphone 4 the other day in the mail from rogers and was provided this beautiful multi-purposes looking SIM card. Only come to discover that you only get to choose Micro SIM or SIM once you puncture it out its you live with your choice.. Sorry for image quality as I used the BB.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Since I have a BB and wanted to be able to revert back to any other phone that still might use a SIM for whateve reason I went on and made my own little adapter straight from what Rogers provided me with and all in a hotel room :)

All you need is scotch tape, exacto-knife and the wonderful simcard provided by Rogers, AT&T also has these same ones, and I believe FIDO does too.

Basically place a strip of scotch tape over the top of the big simcard, then place a piece on the back. Use the exacto-knife and just trace out that hole from the top but be careful not to cut into in the bottom piece. Basically what I could have done was just place a strip of tape at the bottom and then put the micro SIM in and just let it stick to the tape but I didn't want that as I figured it would be a hassle to get out later on and maybe break the bigger SIM card due to it being fragile. So this way the micro SIM does not stick in there but its just held in with the force of the side and is real snug.

Then just trace off the excess tape from around the side/edges.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It works great! I tested it in the blackberry and it reads the SIM without issues, also the micro sim is in there sturdy so it wont come out accidentally especially in the 3G/3GS model like trays.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps some and saves them the 5$ from ebay :D

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not quite a MacGyverism but crafty nonetheless. ;)