Micro SIM to SIM Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Wicked1, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok, just curious if anyone is making a SIM adapter to allow me to put in my i4 Micro SIM into my 3GS normal SIM slot.

I am planning on keeping my 3GS for those times I would prefer not to bring the i4 out of the house, like Six Flags or a water park where I have to put the phone in a locket etc.

Any suggestions? or is anyone using one of these with success :rolleyes:

2. zacharace macrumors member

I've been directed here. Looks pretty legitimate, although I can't say I've tried one (in general or a Luxmo specifically).

Let me know how it works out; I may be interested in one, too, but haven't been keen enough to pull the trigger :rolleyes:

3. adztaylor macrumors 68000

My carrier (T-Mobile UK) gave me one when I upgraded to the iPhone 4 (cause I needed to activate the new sim in my old phone before activating the iPhone).

Just a small plastic thing you put the micro-sim in and it works fine just like any other normal sized SIM.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I read you can make them fairly easily with an old credit/gift card.

5. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

I ordered the five-pack from this place. They haven't arrived yet.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I was disappointed in the one I bought off of eBay. The adapter was too big, and my micro sim would go right through it.

7. nelly41 macrumors regular

Make it yourself. It's not that hard. I did it with an old tmobile sim card. Just needs to be held together with like a sticker. I used scissors and an exacto to cut out the gold part. Just make sure you line up the 3 lines of the microsim with the inner 3 lines of the old sim so you know where to cut at.

8. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Normally they would come with a piece of sticker to fix your micro sim to the adapter. Try using a piece of tape?

9. DJBenE macrumors member

For those that are interested I just noticed that Luxmo now has a special deal with the micro sim card adapter. If you buy a case you can get the micro sim card adapter for a penny: http://www.luxmo.com/c-140-penny-deal.aspx