Micro Sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by musicalprince, Oct 26, 2011.

1. musicalprince macrumors newbie

Hi guys, looking at purchasing an iphone 4S but have currently got a Galaxy S2 so will be selling that to fund the iphone. I'm hoping to continue to use my current sim card as Orange will not send me a micro sim until I'm in the last month of my contract, I don't want to move onto one of their iphone plans as I would be paying more a month for far less (in terms of minutes,texts etc). So if I were to cut my normal size sim down to the size of a micro sim will I encounter any problems with internet access or data on the iphone? I was told by Orange that the reason the iphone plans are more expensive (and I cant use my current sim) is the iphone uses data in a certain way, hence the need for micro sim but I doubt this is true.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

2. lthompson macrumors member

I've cut two down to size and had no problems at all.

3. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

there shouldn't be any problems when you cut down the SIM. Their excuse that iPhone uses data a different way is bull, They just want your money. With that said, they will probably eventually detect that you are using an iPhone and might force you onto an iPhone plan.

4. musicalprince thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, it is as I thought then.

Much appreciated!