Microcell and iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cschmelz, Jun 23, 2010.

1. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Anyone had any luck?

Got my account switched over and everything loaded perfectly, but it doesn't acknowledge my microcell (which of course already has my number as the primary/undeletable approved number)

Thoughts?

2. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

No issues here. Have you tried to remove your microcell device and add it again in the AT&T website? Basically set it up as a new device.

3. cschmelz thread starter macrumors 6502

Just now thought maybe it cached the old phone's ID somehow. I'm trying a reboot of the device now...

Will let you know. Also a good idea! Thanks, will be my next step.

4. cschmelz thread starter macrumors 6502

Neither worked....Neither reboot of the microcell nor complete reprovisioning got the iphone 4 working with my microcell.

I'll give it a few days but VERY disappointing.

5. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

What is the problem? Blinking lights on the microcell itself? Or are all the lights solid but nothing on your phone?

6. martin1000 macrumors regular

Exact same problem here. Hopefully someone will have success and share.

7. rottdog macrumors newbie

i got it to work , stupid but it worked , turn on airplane mode and give it a sec to go into that mode then turn it off , when it searches for the network then it worked.

8. cschmelz thread starter macrumors 6502

The latter, microcell is up solid but NEW iphone won't connect to it (aka no 4 bar 3G and no M CELL notification

9. BetaBee macrumors newbie

Had both working, now both phones don't pick up the microcell. Powercycles have done nothing, but still have one more combo to do. Lame...

10. simoneves macrumors member

Similar for me.

After activating the iPhone 4, it saw the Microcell right away (and my old 3G stopped seeing it) but I couldn't make or receive a call.

I switched the iPhone to Airplane and back again, and then I could call it, but still not make a call.

I tried again a few minutes later, and making a call worked then too.

Try again, and good luck...

11. martin1000 macrumors regular

i ended up unplugging my microcell and when it came back online everything worked.