Microcell Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rans0m00, Aug 26, 2010.

1. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Reception where I live is lacking to say the least but it still works most of the time for my ip4. What I was wondering was when my phone is connected through to my wifi network are the calls routed through it also or just the data? If the calls are routed through the wifi also then is there any reason to get a microcell since it will just route my calls through my internet provider like my router might already do?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, cellular calls are not routed through 802.11 wireless networks.

3. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

Shame.. Maybe a microcell is the answer... Just now how to get one without paying a ton for it. Thank you for the quick response.

4. bevhoward macrumors member

>> Maybe a microcell is the answer... <<

Might look at google voice... one number, when called, it then calls multiple numbers... for example, you could have your cell plus a voip number on the list.

Not without problems... for example, skype goes directly to voicemail if it doesn't see you logged it so it "answers" immediately, but, other voip's may "busy" if offline which would work.

I noticed that google opened a new gmail voice option today which may have potential.

Hope that this information is of value.
    Beverly Howard

5. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

We shall see its not bad enough I am willing to part with 20 more dollars a month for the microcell so I have time to see if better options pop up. Thank you Beverly I didn't even think of the voip as a real option till then.