MicroCell won't let me receive/make calls.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by makefunnyfaces, Sep 18, 2010.

1. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've had my 3G MicroCell for over a month now, & I absolutely loved it up until three days ago. I can send/receive text messages, but when people call it goes straight to voicemail, & I have to attempt calling someone four or five times before it goes through. Any ideas on what to do?

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Troubleshoot in this order:

Check power and all cables. Verify plugged in and on.
    Try a simple power off reset of the Microcell.
    Reset your network settings on your iPhone.

If all else fails, make sure it's not your router and/or cable modem acting up.

3. makefunnyfaces thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahh, this is frustrating! I tried reseting the MicroCell, reseting my iPhone settings, everything. It still isn't working. It's working on my mom's 3GS. I just don't understand why it stopped working all of the sudden.

Also, guys, I just noticed I posted this in the accessories section. Sorry!

4. nivekr11 macrumors regular

Did you open a case with AT&T? I had to. Mine worked great until lately.

5. makefunnyfaces thread starter macrumors 6502a

What does that mean exactly? I'll have to do something if it doesn't work itself out. I have zero signal in my house without it.

6. nivekr11 macrumors regular

If you call AT&T, they will help fix it. Since I upgraded to the ios 4, I have had issues like yours. I opened a ticket with AT&T to have them look at the microcell since my network was fine.

7. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

Reset your phone. My microcell is a PoS. My 3G sometimes doesn't even register with it when I walk in the house.

8. nivekr11 macrumors regular

My iPhone 4 connects real slow on data bur my 3GS has no issue with data. I had a similar problem with yours and they applied a patch to mine.