Microcenter 13in mbp sale ending

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by altecXP, Jan 28, 2011.

1. altecXP macrumors 65816

For months and months microcenter has had the 13in mbp for 999. Now on the 30th that sale ends.

Strage odds with the refresh rumors huh?

2. CopperX macrumors member

Calm down, it's just a coincidence ...

HEY GUYS!!! MBPs ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

No more cheap MBP's at Microcenter????? They better put the newly refreshed models on sale as well or else :cool:

4. Jdstew1234 macrumors regular

I have been sick all day and have felt horrible, this made me laugh so much

5. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

It's likely not a coincidence. People at those shops most likely follow rumour sites such as this, and use the information to gamble as to when the refresh will happen. If they time the sale wrong, they could either get stuck with a bunch of old models that they can't sell without a huge discount, or are left without any stock for a month, and lose customers.

I expect it would be an optimistic prediction, as customers bitching about why the new MBPs aren't on sale when the brochure clearly says "MBPs XX% off" would be very bad for customer relations.

6. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

This has been going on for months with the 13" MBP. Micro Center runs bi-weekly sales, one for the first 2 weeks of the month and another for the last 2 weeks of the month. The key is that they go from Monday to Sunday for 2 weeks. Repeat. For January 2011, I believe the first one was the 3rd (Monday) through the 16th (Sunday) and currently the 17th (Monday) through the 30th (Sunday). Before the 13" MBP they did it with the white MB for quite a while. This was before the unibody polycarbonate was released and after the release they switched to having the 13" MBP on sale. Who knows what they'll offer after the refresh, whenever that might be.

7. kutsushita macrumors regular

kutsushita

actually the sale ended on january 6th (i know because it was my birthday and my girl was going to buy me one but didnt have all the money yet.)
    then like a week later it resumed. they do this sale like every other week just to generate sales.

NEW MACBOOK PROS ON TUESDAY WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!1!!!!1

8. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

As much as I'd like to believe the "running out of stock" rumors and how perfectly timed they are, I really don't think we're there yet.

New MacBook Pros on Tuesdayifoundoneleftatabar!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

That sale always ends... And a new one begins the day after.

Standard practice of inducing a sense of limited time to urge potential buyers to take the plunge "before it's too late!!!"

10. xxplosive1984 macrumors regular

This.

11. TSiTwone macrumors newbie

It hasn't ended they just changed it. It's now $100 off the 13" and $200 off the 15" & 17". Seems like they trying to lower there stock of the 15" & 17" or just trying to get more people to buy the white macbook at the because who would buy the macbook when the macbook pro is the same price. Or maybe they know something and the refresh is only going to be with the 15" & 17". all i know is i got my 13" a month ago my 1st mac and I love is already upgraded the ram to 8gb and the hdd to 500gb hoping seagate comes out with 750gb or 1tb hybrid soon. Don't really car about the refresh this system serves my needs well.

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

Wow, this is a surprise. I've sort of watched them for a while and this is a definite change in pattern. It'll be interesting to see what the next flyer has for 2/14 and after.

13. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

The new change sucks. If they would have made the 15" $300 off then we would have a winner. Before it was $200 off the cheaper 13" model so $300 off would have been better. ;)