Microcenter 200 off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sidefx, Jan 30, 2011.

1. sidefx macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm trying to decide to wait for the next gen mbp or get the 13 mbp for $999 at microcenter. The site says the price is good til 1/31 do you think it will be the same price after that? And has anyone had best buy price match that to get the 18 months same as cash

2. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

I am under the impression that micro center ALWAYS has this sale going. But i could be wrong. You could always check the return policy as well, and just not open it until feb 1st.

3. bigfoamfinger12 macrumors newbie

I did just this. I bought one new yesterday (29th) and do not plan to open it, hoping to hear of a new MBP this week

As far as returns go, I called several MicroCenter stores until one FINALLY answered the phone (tried calling 6 stores in and out of state). I was told that their 15% restock fee does NOT apply if the item was never opened. 7 day return policy

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Good luck in whatever you are trying to pull off ... however I would bet the refresh on the next MBP will not happen within the next 7 days.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

That sale has been near continuous for months. It always has an end date and it always seems to start up again with the next advertising paper.

Best deal is watch their website for an open box unit at your local store and get about $100 off

6. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Would the open box still have the 1 year warranty or is it possible that someone could've registered it?

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Warranty on mine started seven days before I bought it. Since MC has a seven day return policy and openbox MBP's don't sit there long, it's unlikely you'd lose more than a week's worth of warranty.

I had the opportunity to examine the MBP13 and check warranty at https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do via my phone before committing to the purchase.

8. TSiTwone, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

TSiTwone macrumors newbie

Actually the sale just changed yesterday because 1 of my friends just picked 1 up.. Because now its $200 off the 15" and only $100 off the 13". He was a little pissed because he got his money for it last thursday but putoff till yesterday so instead of paying $1034.98 it came out to $1138.48 after tax. Still cheaper then the apple store plus the micro center in NJ only charges 3.5% tax I'm just glad i got mines a month ago. Not to worried about a refresh though not hearing to much good stuff about the Intel IGP.

9. sidefx thread starter macrumors regular

I ended up finding a mint 13" mbp 2.26 4mb 200 gig 7200 rpm on craigslist for $800. So im good for a couple years now.

10. TSiTwone macrumors newbie

Yes good find I like how mac have really good resale value I always had dells till now and could barely get anything for them. Yea & I agree find a good system be set for years don't always need the latest greatest.