microcenter $999 -- 20+ in stock

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shyam09, Dec 17, 2010.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

is this usually accurate? i plan to go drive there tomorrow and just wanted to know how accurate it is. i am planning to buy two, so it wouldnt really work if i "order" it online. but they are fairly accurate right? it shows 20+, but it is almost 20+ everywhere, with the occasional 9/7, etc.

in the morning there was an "open box" special (two of them) and later on, one of them was gone and then later on the other was also gone, so they seem to update their site regularly.. i guess im just a bit paranoid. thanks for helping :)

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Yeah it should be fine. I bought a macbook about a year ago with the $200 savings, only it was a mail in rebate instead of instant rebate.

3. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

Just call them before you go...

your going to love saving the $ and getting a GREAT laptop :D

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

A good suggestion. That being said, I've always found the stock numbers online to be accurate, at least at the location closest to me.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Microcenter offers a buy online/pick up at the store option, and that's what I did to get mine

6. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09

yeah i was planning to call and request them on hold. i would go the online route, but i need two, and online its only 1 so...

sigh... i cant sleep

7. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

place two separate orders online ..

about 10 minutes after you order (during business hours) you'll get a confirmation email telling you to pick up your order at the customer service desk.

When you get there make sure the one they gives you comes in an original apple box, and not a plain white refurbed box. They don't do it on purpose, but sometimes they switch them around.

8. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09

good news all!
    just got it!!!!!
    999+ California tax = 1098 but i got 5% off by filling out a form and GOT a FREE 4 GB flash drive!! so psyched.. gonna unbox it as soon as i transfer files over on my USB!!!

i love microcenter now!

9. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Congrats ... looks like you will have a nice Christmas :cool:

10. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Congrats!

11. jnixon macrumors newbie

I did the same thing. I reserved from Micro Center but went to Apple Store and found out they price matched. Got it from Apple for $999.

12. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

13. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I wasn't aware that they price matched at the Apple Store. Has anyone else done this?

14. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

15. stark4 macrumors 6502

how do you check microcenter online for openbox stock? do they have open box ipod touch also?

Thanks

16. britneyfan macrumors 6502

I don't have a microcenter where I live, but if I went to an Apple Store and asked them to match the price, would they?
    Also could I go and get it 6 days after, would they hold it for me?
    Thanks.

17. Themanleywon macrumors newbie

I just got back from buying one in the Microcenter in Marietta, GA and the guy there in informed me they had more quite a few in stock.

18. deeddawg macrumors 604

Go to the product page -- if the store you've selected has an openbox available it'll show up on the web as saying "open box from: $xxx.xx". If you don't see one listed, they likely don't have one at that moment. Click around to other stores and you'll see what I'm talking about if some store has an openbox unit.

The inventory online seems to be close to real-time and openbox MBP13's seem to get snapped up pretty quick, so if you see one I recommend you reserve it with the order online for store pickup option -- you'll still have the opportunity to check it out before committing to purchase.

When I bought mine it was leading up to Black Friday and they'd turned off the order online for store pickup for the MBP13 temporarily; so when I saw an openbox pop up I drove to the store. The sales people weren't aware of it, but went to the Service counter to check. It'd just come in a couple hours before and Service logged it into stock and it was on the web. By the time I got back home (~5 miles), the store no longer listed an openbox as available. This is why I think their web inventory system is close to real-time.

19. stark4 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the useful information bro.. i'll check out my store online for openbox.

Thanks

20. altecXP macrumors 65816

MicroCenter has had $999 13in MacBook Pros for a few months now.

21. velocityg4, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010

velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

This is a standard deal at Microcenter. When the Macbook was last updated they started the $200 discount in on the entry MBP and this will likely continue until the MBP is updated. I think they actually waited a couple of weeks to clear out Macbook inventory but I am quite sure the entry MBP has been at $999 at Microcenter since August or July possibly earlier.

After the update they will probably drop the Macbook by $200 or introduce the new MBP at $200 off.

Edit: Microcenter also price matches Newegg.com and their boxed CPU's are usually much cheaper. Though I still get motherboards on Newegg due to the lack of boards with RAID 5 at Microcenter. Many other parts I also get on Newegg due to a greater variety and prices (Microcenter will not always carry the model that is a great deal on Newegg).

22. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09

thanks! just got MBP 13" from microcenter! on saturday! since i live in CA, the tax and recycling fee are there, so the total was about 1100 dollars. but we got 5% off for signing up with microcenter membership or something so 1041! cheaper than microcenter!!!

23. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Went to apple store today and asked about matching the microcenter price and they did w/o any issues.

Took a few minutes to check up on model and stuff.

Good deal

24. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

I bought my 13" from Microcenter several months ago. Good deal.

25. wahoo24jc macrumors newbie

Does Micro Center always price their 13" base models for $999? The reason I ask is because I plan to buy one next week, and the ad says the prices are valid through 1/2/11. I hope the sale will continue through next week so I can get one for $999.