Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SmoothJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Well, I went to BB today to take a look at the tablets and saw someone who had a number of questions about the MBP/MBA 13. I spoke to them at length and mentioned price matching with microcenter for the low-end 13. So the manager came by and stated they no longer do price matching with microcenter on Apple products. I then spoke to the Apple rep at BB and she stated the same.

Could this be a new policy?

JamesGorman

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
Winnipeg
It could be a new policy, if you really want to buy it from BB, ask them to price match, if they say no, than walk. Chances are they'll match the price to keep your business.

GTBJW

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
ATL
I was denied PM with Microcenter at two separate BB locations two weeks ago. It is in their policy to not PM limited quantity items. Microcenter lists the item as limited availability on their website.

Also, PM is not available when using promotional financing.

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
Is there a Microcenter near you? If so, and BB won't match price, just go there; if there's not one reasonably close to you, then that's why BB won't match.

SmoothJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
I know they used to PM, but now they don't. Also, yes, we do have a microcenter near us.

fibrizo

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
Solution seems kinda simple then doesn't it, if they are going to be pig headed about price matches. Buy from Microcenter? Obviously you earn less "points" with bestbuy, and the return/exchange policy is nowhere near as good as the apple store though...

Probably comes down to, cheaper price, (if you know you will keep it, as apple stores handle all the warranty issues), earning rewards with best buy (but even 1000$ I think only earns 20$) but helps with silver status.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.