Microphone Confirmation

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by abage22, Oct 5, 2008.

1. abage22 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have heard speculation from people that using the "Apple Stereo Headset with Mic" from the Apple Store on a 2nd generation ipod touch will allow the mic to work. (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MA814?mco=MTYzNDY4Nw)

I use skype a lot to make out going calls so if it does work with an application such as fring.. it will make my life a lot easier!

Thanks!

2. Touchy macrumors regular

I have had the same hope. See the entry on this thread: "Fring for iPT only" where I was assured that the iPod Touch would indeed be able to accept a microphone and you would be able to make Skype calls and there is a "You tube" video that also says you would be able to do this using one of the VOIP protocols also. The bottom line is that x2 now I have been told the "touch" will accept a microphone.
    I am having difficulty believing this but would love to have confirmation by more users on this fact. And if possible actual equipment and set up that you are using. Thanks.

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

The iPod Touch 2G, as far as I know, has a jack identical to the iPhone. The jack has four connectors, instead of the usual three - two for stereo sound for headphones, one for a mic, and one for electrical ground.

4. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Microphone compatibility with 2nd Gen iPod Touch has been confirmed. It's not a rumor. Should work fine with Fring.

5. kydan macrumors newbie

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Steve Jobs introduced the remote headphones with mic at the keynote for the iPod Touch.

7. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

CHRISTMAS SEASON. I say Nov. 1 begins shipping, but could be as late as Nov. 20th. Why? I have no idea. My suspicion was that Apple was going to open a voip service of its own, but I doubt it will happen.

8. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

apple said that it would be Oct. 10th i think.

also i can confirm fring DOES work with the iphone headset on an itouch 2g