Microphone not working with jailbroken phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lorkp, Nov 10, 2010.

1. lorkp macrumors member

I just received a replacement iPhone, due to a sticking home button. The new phone came with 4.1 already installed. I jailbroke with the pwnage tool 4.12, but am now having a problem where sometimes the microphone won't work during a call.

I don't think it's a software issue, because it works when using skype, or the Apple's voice memo app.

I've restored the phone a bunch of times, but I still have the same problem. Any ideas?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Are you jailbreaking again each time you restore?

3. lorkp thread starter macrumors member

Well I put the phone into DFU mode and restored it to stock 4.1. At first, the phone was having the same problem and I was happy because I thought I could replicate the issue at an apple store. So I wait a couplevof hours to try it again and.... It started working again. Shucks.

So I don't know what to do here. I'm pretty sure it's a matter of hours before it starts acting up again, and it's very annoying to have a temperamental phone like this. And it puzzles me, because the fact that it always works on skype or voice memos leads me to believe that this isn't a hardware issue, but I dont see how only my phone is affected by a software issue--it doesn't make much sense. Maybe it is a hardware thing and has something to do with the headphone jack?