Microphone Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chenzie11, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Chenzie11 macrumors newbie

My facetime microphone will not work. I can hear all the audio from whoever I'm talking to but they cannot hear me. On top of that siri does not work, it will not recognize my voice.

I took the phone to an apple store in Syracuse, over an hour away just to be told the replacement I was given in October is out of warranty and have a nice drive home.

Once I got home I did some screwing around and realized that siri works perfectly if I raise the phone to my head, but not when I hit the home button. This makes me believe it is a software problem not a hardware one like the apple store said.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Different microphones are used in different situations, so it might very well still be a hardware issue.

I think replacements have a 90 day warranty on them, so one from October should still go into January, although I guess if you got it early in October, you'd be some days past it at this point unfortunately. Still, you'd think Apple would try to work with you somehow. Perhaps give it another try with the store (or another store) if you can at some point, hopefully dealing with a different employee who might be more willing to help in some way.