Microphone VOlume?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lindsayanng, May 6, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

My husband is a truck driver, and when he is driving and talking to me (i know shame shame) but while he is driving, it is SOOO loud in the background.. i mean, its clear, but all of the background noise is picked up too - it gives me a headache to talk to him.. well, i guess thats not the phone's fault..

just kidding

so is there a setting to control the microphone's volume?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Obviously it's not a noise-cancelling microphone. Use a noise-cancelling earpiece like a Jawbone.

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

HOW do you lower the volume of the microphone.(BTW, HE is the one with the iphone, not me) I know you can lower the volume of the earpiece, but what about the call out volume so others dont feel like they are being yelled at when you talk to them.. I mean, its GREAT, super clear and i dont have to strain to hear him, but when he is in the truck it is nothing like i have ever heard.. hes been calling me from his truck for ever, its just SOO loud now..

I guess if theres no microphone control, then he could use a bluetooth that way he would not be using the iphone microphone.. he just hates his bluetooth

5. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

There is no control on the iPhone to lower the microphone volume on calls.