Microphone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by AzRocks, Sep 28, 2008.

1. AzRocks macrumors newbie

I would like to purchase a microphone for my second generation iPod Touch. I know that the mic has to look something like this: http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2007...headset/iphone_sized_plug_and_larger_plug.jpg to work, but does anyone know any specific mics that have been confirmed to work.

On a related note, please keep bothering Truphone to add iPod Touch 2nd generation compatibility!

Also, besides for truphone, are there any VOIP applications that work on the iPod Touch with a mic?

Thanks!

2. dcbo89 macrumors member

theres no chance at all that the 1st gen can use the microphone is there... would be so useful for just notes, not to mention voip... But I'm not upgrading for that solely.

3. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

No. The 1st generation iPod touch had different wiring in the headphone jack, which didn't include any support for microphone input.

IIRC a few programs were written for jailbroken iPod touches which utilized the Line In feature of the Dock Connector, but that solution is less convenient, and lacks manufacturer support.

4. AzRocks thread starter macrumors newbie

I know about the first generation ones, but how about the second gen? (see above questions...)?