Microsim swapping question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tibere86, Feb 4, 2011.

1. tibere86 macrumors member

I am going sailing this weekend, and do not want to bring my iPhone. Can I buy a micro sim adapter, remove sim from my iPhone 4, using the adapter place in my old Nokia N86 and all should be good in terms of phone functionality (calls + data)?

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Yes it will work with any GSM unlocked phone provided that it's compatible with the same bands that ATT uses. Or an ATT branded phone.

3. tibere86 thread starter macrumors member

Great! Thanks.

Here's an additional question. If I decided to get rid of my iPhone, would I have to get a new simcard or could I use the microsim + adapter and still be eligible for unlimited data?

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I did that just a week ago, op. I went snowboarding and didn't want to risk my iPhone. It worked fine except for my voicemail. For some reason I couldn't access my voicemail. Not sure why not.

5. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

If you decided to get rid of your iPhone, you could get away with using the micro SIM with the adapter and still keep the smart phone unlimited data plan. However, if you use a non AT&T smart phone, you could pay $15.00, get the dumb phone unlimited data plan and still get 3G data.