Microsoft 2010

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by erikagray, Jan 10, 2012.

1. erikagray macrumors newbie

Ok - My computer class required Microsoft Office 2010. I've got a MacBook Pro and have been told that there wasn't a Microsoft Office 2010 created for mac's.

Help! I've got Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac but my teacher said that I have to have 2010. What to do?!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You'll have to buy Parallels or some kind of virtualization along with Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows and run it via virtual machine.

3. simsaladimbamba

Ask the teacher, why it has to be MS Office 2010 and not MS Office 2011, even though they are compatible. Does MS Office have something MS Office 2011 has not, would be one of the questions I asked. And if the teacher has no good, technically routed answer, then just your version.

And if it has to be MS Office 2010, you need to use Parallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion or Virtual Box to run Windows and thus be able to install MS Office 2010. Ask your school, if they have discounted versions of Windows and Office.

4. erikagray thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured I'd end up having to run windows and then 2010 on that.

I asked the teacher if I could use 2011 and he said that the course requirements were 2010...wasn't going to fight that battle, haha

Thanks!

5. simsaladimbamba

If you ever get around another battle, just keep asking why. If it is just ignorance from the teacher's side, then there is no reason to use 2010, but if the teacher has a valid reason, and teachers should be able to reason, then that is good too. But as I know my way around computers, I may find it easier to ask such questions, if it would be environmental (mental?) law, I would look like an idiot.