Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koston33

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Before when I was in notebook layout view, when I was indented two bullet points in and pressed enter, a new bullet is placed on the same indent as the previous line. NOw if I wanted to go back to have a bullet point at the first indent I would just press delete and it would backspace and form bullet at the first indent, but now instead it just goes back to the end of the previous line. Help please.

koston33

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
that not was I was trying to do, When I am indented twice with (two bullet points in) i wanted to be able to press backspace and have it go to the first indented bullet instead of going to the end of the previous sentence.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
As a long time user of Word, my advice is to use it properly and create defined paragraph styles. Word is VERY buggy when it comes to bulleted and numbered lists. You may not notice if you only write a few pages, but any serious document gets crippled pretty fast if you use the bullet and number controls in the toolbar.

You might have a lot more luck getting the answer in the right forum. This forum is about Apple Mac Pro Desktops, which has almost nothing to do with Microsoft Office. You should probably repost in https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/78/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.