Microsoft 2011 - use the same license on multiple Mac's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slahcer, Aug 5, 2011.

1. slahcer macrumors newbie

Hi, I am currently thinking about investing in Office 2011 :eek: though I am not proud of it, but the case it that it is require in some of my classes this semester.
    I have two Mac's and would like to run Office 2011 on both, but don't want to spend a lot of money on it. I remember when I installed Office 2008 I could just copy the folder that contained the app's to my other Mac and everything worked perfectly WITHOUT me having to add another license key. Do any of you know if it is possible to do the same with Office 2010?:confused:

2. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Office for Mac, Home & Student ($119) comes in two versions, one of them has 1 installation. I've only seen this version available at Best Buy, where I bought mine. The most common version (family pack) comes with 3 installations. (149).

Office:Mac Home & Business ($199) comes with 1 license, or you could get a 2 license copy at $279.99.

Since you are a student they do have student discounts on the Home and Student version which could bring down the cost some as well.

3. slahcer, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

slahcer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. Yes Scott I know I could just buy multiple licenses, but I would like to know is, if it is possible to only buy ONE license, install it on ONE Mac and then copy the Office folder onto another Mac and Office would work on both Mac's?:confused:

Aha, I thought you could only buy 1 or 3 license...