Microsoft 5000 BT mouse..need help!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HBOC, Jan 29, 2009.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

:mad:

Ok, i bought this mouse (you can get them all day long on ebay for $25-$30, rather than $50 from newegg on ebay, and received it about a week ago. The mouse itself is nice, comes with a pouch, etc..

It syncs perfectly, but when i go to use it, it is stuck on the "select" button, so to speak. Anything i scroll over; if it is folders, it will create new folders..i "created" 5 new folders within seconds; any program i scroll over will open.

I cannot find anything about this online. I went to MSs' website to see if there was a driver or something i needed to download, but nothing. Newegg reviewers' gave it great reviews. This is my last resort before contacting the seller. I mean I only paid $20, but still...

anyone that has this mouse, what could this be? Batteries are new...

My $10 logitech wired mouse works great.....

2. fifthroot macrumors member

fifthroot

Do you have MS Intellipoint for Mac? I have seen others post this with regard to this mouse: the mouse is great, but for it to run well on a Mac you need Intellipoint.

3. Velocifero macrumors newbie

I have the same mouse, same Intellipoint 6.3 on my mac and I don't have use of the back button. There's not even an option in the software for it.