Microsoft and touch technologies

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Keebler, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

As much as I loathe Windows, I applaud MS for leaping into the touch screen world and I hope Apple continues to jump in and innovate.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/12/13/innovation.day/index.html

As a stay at home Dad running my own biz, with my wife's biz and 2 boys in various activities (but thankfully, not idiotically booked), I would LOVE or JUMP at the opportunity to have a family organizer in my kitchen. The short term goal is to find an older g5 iMac to mount, but i hope apple comes up with something like MS is promoting. The benefits would be great me thinks :)

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow, they can put a touchscreen LCD on a wall. BRAVO!!

3. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Yet again, MS decides it would be easier to throw money at someone than to actually make something themselves. :rolleyes:

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

exactly...

What ever happened to their "iPhone killer" the microsoft table?

"This years hottest gadget isn't an iPhone, its a big ass table" god that made me laugh :p

5. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

The only good use for that table would be...

[​IMG]

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The iPhone is too small. The fact that it fits in your pocket seems to prove my theory to be correct. See that big ass table? Yes, that's a big screen......around 27x bigger than your iPhone's screen. Hah!

7. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

:p Ballmer probably thinks that's a good idea.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I know they currently have that (really expensive) table thing now (kinda), but isn't this for the next version of Windows? Windows 7? Who knows what Apple will have by then. They already have Inkwell, but they never seemed to want to do anything with it. Works fine for my clients that have tablets, but that's not many of them, and it isn't that great. You can already do what you can on an iPhone with expensive addons anyway, but hopefully Apple will come out with something good. Hopefully before MS, so people don't start crying that Apple is a copycat again.

Knowing MS though, "Windows 7" won't be out until around 2012 anyway, and won't actually work until a year or 2 later, so Apple can probably take their time.

9. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Heck, even I think that's a good idea. Touchscreen Pac-Man!! :D

10. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Did you see the dell video on the ''great" touchscreen technology it is coming out with (I suppose it is microsoft). He seemed to have problems when he demoed it from what I could see. The graphics were not fluid and had problems with touching the right spot. I think Apple will always be ahead of them.