Microsoft Arc Mouse - I bought it, but it's not released yet??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RRRize, Sep 5, 2008.

1. RRRize macrumors regular

So, I walked into a local retailer and casually looked at the mouse selection (I'm always looking for innovation in mice), when I saw this weird/cool looking mouse. It didn't have a price on it and no one in the store could tell me the price and were too busy to help me. None of this deterred me. I went right to the cash register and was determined, no matter how much it cost, to purchase this mouse. Before I got to the register, I stopped at a computer that had internet connectivity - I loaded Google and did a search on this mouse (Microsoft ArcMouse). It picked up hit from ONLY rumor sites - nothing from Microsoft. It looks like this mouse is not available anywhere and that Microsoft has not released it yet... but somehow I got my hands on it!

Anywhoo, I got home and hooked it up (it's a bluetooth mouse) and on the box it says that if you want extra functionality, just download IntelliPoint software from Microsoft. So I downloaded the latest IntelliPoint software for Mac (6.2.2). The mouse works right out of the box, but the IntelliPoint software does not work at all. I guess, the retailer put this puppy on the floor before they were supposed to? Anyone else know anything about this? I can't find a thing on Google.

2. colonels1020 macrumors regular

colonels1020

Wow! That's pretty cool. How do you like it compared to a standard mighty mouse?

3. RRRize thread starter macrumors regular

Well, let me just say I am a true Apple/Mac loyalist. That being said, I do not like Apple mice... none of them. Mice are the only thing Microsoft does better than Apple - and this Arc Mouse is a real winner so far. I can't wait till it's really released by MS and they put working Mac drivers out for it, so I can take advantage of the scroll-wheel button and the side-button. Otherwise, in its current state, I LOVE it.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

5. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Neat, now give us some pictures and sell it for five times its value on eBay :)

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Here are some courtesy of Google: ArcMouse
    Definitely, ummm, different....

BTW- One of the commenters on that page mentions buying one at Best Buy- where they had three colors.

7. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

We have these at BestBuy on a back shelf waiting to be planogrammed. I think they'll be in Sunday's paper considering we have them already.
    I work there btw.

8. RRRize thread starter macrumors regular

Hey ya! That's where I bought mine - BestBuy. I didn't want to mention the retailer because I didn't want to get anyone in trouble. But since you mentioned it, cool.

So, like I said, when I saw it in the store, none of the salespeople knew the price and they all looked like they never saw it before. I found them in a little pile in the mouse section. By the way, I went to a BestBuy in New York.