Microsoft Arc Mouse vs Logitech MX 1100

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iperson21, Aug 16, 2010.

1. iperson21 macrumors regular

Hey everybody, im currently going into high school, and one of the things that you need is a wireless mouse with a usb dongle.
    Now, i saw something about the microsoft arc mouse somewhere, and decided i wanted to get that.
    they have it for 32$ on amazon which is a pretty good deal considering its 50 at best buy and 40 at walmart.com

but, when i was looking on best buy's website for the arc mouse, i saw that they had the mx 1100 for 30$, and it looked like one of those fancy looking gaming mouses or whatever

now, i have to choose, so im gonna ask you which one is better.

i don't care about batteries.
    i get mine from costco, and they r super cheap. recharable would just add more hassle because i would most likely be taking from and to school every day so that little space the arc mouse has to store the dongle is defenitly a plus.

or, are there any other good-looking, good preformance mouses for less than 30$?

i really don't need the extra programmable buttons, the mouse is just basically so we don't have to use the trackpads on the laptops like maybe for some basic programming or something.

2. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Wow that is strange.I am using an arc mouse(white).I'm looking for a logitech mouse myself.The arc looks nice and tracks well but the scrolling is hideous.I would look into the logitech v550 wireless mouse.It has hyperscroll(a wonderful feature)Hyperscroll is sort like the magic mouse when scrolling,it uses momentum.[/LEFT][/CENTER]Check Amazon for it.

3. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

If you have a MacBook / Pro / Air You don't really need a mouse unless you do gaming, in that case I suggest you a wired high performance mouse or hybrid one like the MX Performance Mouse, It's a really great product however, if it was my choice i would get a Bluetooth one so i don't need to use dongle but the Technology my Computer already has inside, There aren't many choices, there are some Logitech ones, The Magic Mouse and another brand i can barely remember

4. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I'd get the MX1100. I used one for about a year, and it was an amazing mouse. The batteries last forever, and it's really comfortable to use for long periods. It also has lots of extra buttons that you can customize (the back/forward buttons REALLY help when using Safari and Finder!). Logitech also has an amazing warranty program. I had a small problem with my mouse, and I called them up, and within 10 mins they were offering me a replacement mouse! Instead I asked them if I could "upgrade" to another mouse, and I ended up getting a brand new Performance Mouse MX for about $20. I'd certainly go with Logitech over Microsoft. I love all the Logitech mice I've used!

The only thing that might be a problem for you, is the size of the USB dongle. It's REALLY big (size of a typical USB stick). The new Logitech ones are the little nano receivers, and they are SO small compared to the one I had on my MX1100. I'd still recommend the MX1100 though!