Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse on OS X Lion?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sheikhumar, Nov 9, 2011.

1. sheikhumar macrumors newbie

Does the MS Arc Touch Mouse work with Mac OS X Lion? I am looking for this mouse, just asking to be on the safe side. I know this works with Snow Leopard, I have seen people using it. Essentially, it should work as any run of the mill USB mouse on Lion, right? Any help would be appreciated. Ty!

2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i cannot answer your question as i do not know. i f you haven't purchased the mouse yet, i suggest looking into this one:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/explorer-touch-mouse

it is Lion compatible

EDIT: never mind i can answer you question :)
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/arc-touch-mouse/RVF-00001#support
    if you look in the support section and click on operating systems to bring a drop down list, you can see that it support Mac OS X 10.7 [lion]

check out the other mic on the site too :D

3. superman23 macrumors regular

is anyone else using this mouse on lion? it seems to eat batteries

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Just started using this mouse - not sure if it eats batteries or not but it works and seems to work well - although I hate how the usb thing is little long and that it isn't bluetooth but oh well.

5. Vox-Man macrumors newbie

Somewhat of a Hi-Jack...

Is anyone else experiencing and issue where the arc touch (and only this mouse) randomly locks up all input? Seems to happens sporadically without any predictable cause. The only recourse is to unplug the mouse, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in.

It appears as though the Microsoft Mouse software is "forgetting" that it is an arc touch mouse and treating it like a regular USB mouse, and locking the whole machine.

6. El Burro macrumors regular

El Burro

I have the same mouse and problem. The mouse is simply a piece of ****. It's not the Microsoft Mouse software that's causing the problem, it's something else as this was happening before I even installed the software.

****** Microsoft, fortunately I got it for free from work.