Microsoft Bluetooth 8000 Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Toknee, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Toknee macrumors member

Well, I have been looking for my perfect mouse these past few weeks.

On my Mac Pro, I have tried everything from the Logitech Rev series, Apple MM Bluetooth, Radtech BT600, basically every BT mouse worth trying.

I have been eyeing the MS 8000 mouse for some time now, but have not really seen it on the shelves at my local stores. So I bought one from Newegg.

Installed the mouse today, using the built in BT module in my Mac Pro, paired the device with no problems, set up the buttons the way I want them to behave via Steermouse, and am in mouse heaven.

The mouse is awesome, tracks well, the buttons behave exactly they I want them to, and it matches my MacPro aesthetically.

So anyone out there contemplating this mouse, go for it. You will not regret it

2. linkboy macrumors member

linkboy

Is this the Wireless Laser Mouse 8000.

I picked one up a while back for my MacBook Pro and the thing was a damn pain to use. Once I finally got it to connect, it was slow and a pain to use.

Part of the problem is that MS's drivers for OS X aren't that great (doesn't surprise me though).

edit
    The mouse worked great under my XP\Vista partition, but it was way to fustrating under OS X.