Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
NO. Others have tried (do a search on these forums) and it doesn't work. The root cause appears to be that Apple have not included the Bluetooth HID profile Mac OSX yet (because it is not a finished spec yet).

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Kinda puts a damper on Apple releasing a bluetooth mouse for OS X and time in the near future.

Is bluetooth really the way that some people would want to go with their mouse connection? I would think, with bluetooth's clumsiness of jumping around the spectrum, that it would not be reasonable.

ELYXR

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2002
Seattle
I returned my Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse because of it's terrible performance. The mouse tracking was totally inconsistent.

ntg

macrumors regular
May 3, 2002
UK - Rushden, Northants
MS Mice

I was hoping for a bluetooth Apple mouse, but understood it would not come soon. Instead, I have bought a MS Wireless Optical (RF type, CE0560) and so far it seems pretty good. It's slightly smaller than the older 5-button Intellimouse Explorer Optical, which means it feels more comfortable over long periods of use. It's also nice not to have wires to break (I have a break on the original soap apple and also the Intellimouse, both of which now give intermittent action!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.