Microsoft Brings Animated GIF Support and Account Switching to OneDrive App

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 17, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Microsoft updated its OneDrive iOS app this week with a couple of features requested by premium users, with the added bonus that the improvements can be used by free 5GB account holders as well.

First up, Microsoft has added support for animated GIF files in OneDrive, which should come as good news for users working with marketing and promotional content. The GIFs can now be viewed from within the cloud file browser, instead of having to download and preview them outside the app.

Version 8.8.9 also brings fast account switching to the cloud client app. According to Microsoft, users now only need to tap and hold on the Me tab to instantly switch between accounts, whether free or premium.

Elsewhere, student users who own either work or school accounts are now able to receive notifications whenever someone shares a file with them, while Microsoft has also added Instant Preview support in the Sites tab.

Lastly, a number of other smaller bugs and crash issues have also been fixed. OneDrive is a free download for iPhone and iPad available on the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Microsoft Brings Animated GIF Support and Account Switching to OneDrive App

2. Sethal macrumors newbie

Something that should be added to the iOS camera roll. Something that should of been added updates ago.

3. sk02 macrumors newbie

I remember reading an article about 'support for animated GIF files' in a CompuServe newsletter.

4. Peepo macrumors 6502a

I'm still trying to remove remnants of an old work office 365 one drive account I had signed into. I sign out but it still shows in list of accounts and option to sign in. It is on the iPhone itself because one if my iPads which I never signed in doesn't have problem. I tried removing/uninstalling app but it still shows up.

Edit - found in iOS settings there is option to clear all account data - hope this helps someone.

5. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

Wooo Hooo!!!! Finally, I have something to use my state-of-the-art PS/2 from 1987 to view!!! Oh yeah! 256 colors baby! Microsoft is pushing the envelope! Can you imagine some day if they actually had 16-bit color or OMG OMG OMG, 24-bit color animation!?!??! Holy Cow Batman! You might even be able to watch say...movies on your computer! Damn, if only my 9600 baud modem could transfer a movie in under a year.... especially with those damn line noise dropouts and occasional hang-ups and very little Zmodem support for continuing a transfer where it left off! Damn you XModem protocol! You suck!

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Just a regular update for me.
    Wish I could play animated gif on stock iOS app in the future.

7. itsamacthing macrumors 6502a