Microsoft CES Show... Off to a rough start!

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Maybe a certain monkey boy was practicing his dance moves when he knock out the power cable...

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
That's why Apple's demos run much smoother. When people know what the consequences are of even minor mishaps, they work damn hard to make sure the major ones don't happen.
That and they have back-up plans and things are rehearsed, etc... I'm not sure if Steve gets pissed when his water is out of place (if that would ever happen), but my point about Apple the perfectionist remains.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
You can prepare all you want, but nothing is going to prevent a power outage. I can't fault Microsoft for this at all.

Slucko

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
Though someone did mess up as it sounds like there was an unbalance of the power load on their part.

Slucko

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
I still feel bad, but the way I see it something was overlooked dealing with their power load or a surge happened

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
You can prepare all you want, but nothing is going to prevent a power outage. I can't fault Microsoft for this at all.
I feel bad for them too, but there are UPSs out there that could prevent that, unless of course they fail.
Hmm.

It seems Microsoft has a lot of luck in that department though.

PS: How can I access gizmodo.com from another country? I get referred to gizomodo.de and don't find any to link to the international version.

Slucko

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
Agreed, We are long overdue a "True" Stevenote, I can't wait till January 27th or 26th.

Slucko

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
The true question is what for what Microsoft did to apple, that they are paying for now lol

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
I don't fault Microsoft for the power failure, but the entire presentation was shoddy.

He had problems operating the tablet. His phone's screen was also severely smudged. There were multiple problems with the touch screen media center PC.

Not to mention that nothing new was displayed other than a tablet that was just a Windows 7 PC.

It was a disaster for Microsoft. I'm interested to see how Microsoft's stock goes tomorrow.

kjanice2009

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2009
I don't fault Microsoft for the power failure, but the entire presentation was shoddy.

He had problems operating the tablet. His phone's screen was also severely smudged. There were multiple problems with the touch screen media center PC.

Not to mention that nothing new was displayed other than a tablet that was just a Windows 7 PC.

It was a disaster for Microsoft. I'm interested to see how Microsoft's stock goes tomorrow.
Year, i agree that Microsoft gives a unsatified presnetation to people, it is really a bad luck start.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
you're right, a tablet running the iphone's os is a way better option :rolleyes:
It seems it is, as one (iPhone OS) is made for touch input, the other (Windows 7) is made for keyboard and mouse input.
I also know that Windows 7 is capable of touch input, but its UI was not designed for that as opposed to iPhone OS.