Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
"Is there an app for that?"

Probably not since you're on Windows Phone.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
That's really funny, especially the "iSheep" and "copybox" parts :D

Problem is that the "isheep' is such a weak argument.

Calling people sheep because they use the best, highest rated, most reliable and so on product is pretty stupid all around.

ladeer

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007
Before even playing the video I saw the still and asked myself, wait so the people who use Windows phones are the waiters?! What message does it send....?
Otherwise it was kind of funny but a bit over the top, like their Surface commercial, trying too too hard.

5kylar

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
Great commercial, 10 for creativity and humor :D ...But I'm sticking with my iPhone, and my jailbreak, and the fights. All you docile people can grab a Windows phone and have fun with your 10 whole apps :p One of my best friends has this phone and she hates the darn thing. When I used her phone I was nothing but confused... Kinda like the first time I turned on Win8 lol.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
Anyone remember that guy with the Zune tat?

LL

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
Have any of you guys experienced many (real) people arguing over which smartphone is the best — outside the tech/nerd sphere?

Is it even legal to directly refer to companies other than yours in an advert? I've never seen ads that do this, at least not on TV!

Where I live (Denmark), it is illegal.

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
Microsoft is predicted to show a small amount of growth over the next few years, but is expected to remain dwarfed by iOS and Android phone sales well into the future.

Ya don't say.

So it doesn't really matter how funny Microsoft's Lumia ads are.
Welcome to the New World Order, Ballmer.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
It's sort of funny in places but IMO ultimately meaningless, just like their infamous Shoe Circus ad. It does more to advertise devices by Apple and Samsung. The only thing about Nokia and Microsoft that I learn from this is that their phones are brightly colored and their owners are smug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.