Microsoft deploying in-store customer-service reps

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by rdowns, Sep 6, 2008.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Link

2. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

I first read this quote, my side ached for hours from extreme laughter. Than I read it again – my first thought "boy, to be a fly on the wall during those demos." One more time I read that quote, this time I thought "my God, is using a computer this difficult....nah, it doesn't have to be that way. Please follow me the Macintosh OS and its' beautiful presence.":D

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That strategy actually makes a lot of sense to me, and I'm sure they will find it worthwhile.

...When relying on others to sell your products doesn't work, do it yourself!

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple follows suit and staffs an Apple rep at cooperating Best Buy locations.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Are you being sarcastic? At the last BB I was at there was an Apple rep not employed by BB but employed by Apple.

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You could certainly interpret it that way. :p

I've always assumed the Apple reps at Best Buy were just employees of Best Buy wearing a different shirt, but perhaps I am mistaken.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I kinda would like to go talk with one to ask all these question, which I knew the answers would make Ubuntu and/or OS X look good.

But it seems like a jerk thing to do, so I'll pass.

7. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Depends on how microsoft pulls it off

If these so called Gurus dont jump on you the second you walk into a shop trying to sell you vista and ONLY talk to a person when asked by the person like Mac geniuses do then I will be good.

If they are scum bag sales people who dont give you peace...people will be driving straight to the apple store.