Microsoft Desktop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ripmax2000, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Ripmax2000 macrumors regular

I have an iMac 24" and I really don't like the included Keyboard and Mouse much (especially the mouse).
    Has anyone tried the Microsoft Bluetooth 7000 or 8000 Desktop's on the mac? Would they pair on startup with the Mac like Apple's own ones?

2. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

I don't see why not

3. evansc6 macrumors newbie

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Did you manage to get a MS 8000 Desktop Keyboard & Mouse System to work. I think they'd go great with my Macbook pro.

4. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with this? What I'd like to do is to use the MS Bluetooth Desktop with the built-in bluetooth on the PB/MBP's.

Thank you! :)

5. Paik4Life macrumors member

I'm also quite curious about the MS Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000/8000. I've read the threads where they discuss some issues with the mouse that don't seem to be an issue anymore with Leopard, but I don't hear much about the keyboard itself.

I have the Apple BT keyboard and MM, but I'm not happy with either. For the keyboard I really need something that's more ergo since I've had wrist problems in the past and they're starting to act up again since using this keyboard. The BT MM just isn't that good of a mouse. I miss having side buttons so I can go back and forward easily.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

~Paik

6. quinters macrumors newbie

Me too! How are the microsoft desktops working?

Any news on this thread? Anybody using wireless Microsoft desktops? I'm thinking about the Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000 for my MacBook Pro, but I don't want driver issues. I'm not to keen on the potato-sized mouse, either, so any input on that is also appreciated :D

7. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I'm running the MS Desktop (non-bluetooth - the one with the USB hockey puck receiver) just fine with 10.5 on my Mac Pro. It was previously running fine with 10.4 on my PowerBook.