Microsoft Entourage Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chrisbb, Jan 3, 2009.

1. chrisbb macrumors member

Hi there.
    I'm having the same problem occur again and again....

I have 2 e-mail accounts set up. One hotmail and one g-mail. I have the e-mails come into ME, without any problems. I close the application fully ( CMD + Q), and then haven't checked my e-mails in almost 4 hours etc, or used my Mac....

I opened up ME, and then it asks me to either import from earlier versions etc, or set up new accounts etc. Can anyone explain why I keep loosing all my info and accounts?

Thanks.
    C

2. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

Just another reason I won't use ms products...espescially entourage... on a mac. I have seen SO many little buggy and quirky things with it.

May I recommend Thunderbird by Mozilla? Or even apples mail.app?
    If you aren't needing exchange server support (and you aren't) there's just no need to hassle yourself with garbage programs like entourage.

Hell, I manage 5 email accounts with apple mail and thunderbird has some great add-ons like calendar.

Best of all they are free!

3. chrisbb thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply.
    I've also noticed that it takes a long time to load when i first open it up in the morning!

I have a g-mail and hotmail account. The thing is that Mail, on the Mac, doesn't support hotmail accounts.....

Thanks.
    I'll look into getting another Mail app, or look at mac.mail app :)

4. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Have you called tech support? You get two or three free calls to tech support (sorry, I can't remember which) with your purchase of Office 2008. This is a rather odd problem, and isn't one that I've heard of before, so I can't offer any advice.

Alternately, you might want to try the Entourage public forum to see if one of the Entourage experts there can help you out.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

6. chrisbb thread starter macrumors member