Microsoft Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stimpycat, Aug 23, 2007.

1. stimpycat macrumors regular

Hi, I am switching over to Mac on Tuesday!! All my business emails are currently in Microsoft /outlook 2003 on my PC - I have read that you can download an import tool which is great.

My worry is on the size of each .pst / .mbox file as they are around 2gb each. Will this cause stability issues within Entourage or OSX?

Alternatively is there another strong email program for OSX? I like the calender function of Outlook however could live without it if it means having a stronger email client that can handle multiple folders (upwards of 100) and plenty of mail.

Thanks for any light..

2. Grafdude@gmail. macrumors newbie

I rarely use email software but you could give apple's mail a try, which is included in the distribution. I'm assuming it has good migration support.

3. danny_w macrumors 601

I love the myriad ways that Entourage lets you organize and view your emails, but I quickly switched to Apple mail.app when Entourage got into a cycle of "can't delete this email" and "can't view this email" even though it had already deleted the same email from the server. Apple mail.app's capabilies are primitive by comparison, but at least it works. As long as you have a backup of your emails, why not give them both a try and see what you think?

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Many users report have database corruption issues with Entourage 2004. I don't. The only issue I have with Entourage 2004 is that it sucks. The only reason that you should ever use Entourage 2004 is that your firm's Exchange server is incompatible with Mail/Address Book/iCal. Among Entourage 2004's deficiencies--and they are legion--is that it cannot read Outlook .pst archives. Microsoft provides a utility as a separate free download which can convert .pst files created by Outlook 2001, the last MacOS 9 version of Outlook, but nothing for .pst files created by any version of Outlook for Windows.

There are third-party solutions to moving Outlook files from Windows to the Mac. There is a commercial utility called Outlook2Mac. Also, many users claim good results using Mozilla's Thunderbird email client as an intermediary in transferring files from Outlook:win{/b] to the Mac.