Microsoft Excel Won't Open

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kselby, Feb 21, 2012.

1. kselby macrumors newbie

I have 10.7.3 installed on my air and I realized that Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint will not open. It just gives me a run error every time I try to open them. Anyone else getting this error?

Attached is a pic of the error that pops up every time.

Attached Files:

2. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

I'm running the same version, and Excel is working fine here. Can you try reinstalling Excel?

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Which version of Excel are you running? Have you tried Microsoft Update to make sure there isn't a patch?

4. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

Which version if Excel is that?

I had a similar error when I installed one MS Office application after having others from the same CD already installed and updated. Reinstalling the whole suite was how I fixed it.

5. kselby thread starter macrumors newbie

I have MS Office 2011. I tried to download and install the latest update from the microsoft website, but whenever I try to install it, it is saying that I don't have office installed. I know I do though since I use Word all of the time and it works fine. I do not have access to the original cd that I used to download it, but hopefully I will get it soon to see if that works. In the mean time, any other suggestions?

6. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I had that same error when I first upgraded to Lion from Snow Leopard. I had to reinstall the whole MS Office program for it to work.