Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kselby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
United States
I have 10.7.3 installed on my air and I realized that Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint will not open. It just gives me a run error every time I try to open them. Anyone else getting this error?

Attached is a pic of the error that pops up every time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 1.44.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 1.44.07 PM.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 154

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Which version of Excel are you running? Have you tried Microsoft Update to make sure there isn't a patch?

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Which version if Excel is that?

I had a similar error when I installed one MS Office application after having others from the same CD already installed and updated. Reinstalling the whole suite was how I fixed it.

kselby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
United States
I have MS Office 2011. I tried to download and install the latest update from the microsoft website, but whenever I try to install it, it is saying that I don't have office installed. I know I do though since I use Word all of the time and it works fine. I do not have access to the original cd that I used to download it, but hopefully I will get it soon to see if that works. In the mean time, any other suggestions?

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I have MS Office 2011. I tried to download and install the latest update from the microsoft website, but whenever I try to install it, it is saying that I don't have office installed. I know I do though since I use Word all of the time and it works fine. I do not have access to the original cd that I used to download it, but hopefully I will get it soon to see if that works. In the mean time, any other suggestions?

I had that same error when I first upgraded to Lion from Snow Leopard. I had to reinstall the whole MS Office program for it to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.