Microsoft Exchange Help Needed

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wayneholbrook, Feb 11, 2012.

1. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

I work for a law enforcement agency and the IT has always been pretty strict on getting our work emails on our phones. When the iPhone came out it was pretty easy to set it up on the iPhone just entering the needed information like user name and password and server address.

iPhone and iPad is no problem getting work email but when we try the same for our Macomb air or iMac both using lion it just wont work. Im not quite sure why it will work on a iPhone or ipad but not on a MacBook or iMac.

The most logical answer you may say is “Just ask your IT Department.” That would be great but if it was up to them they wouldn't have wanted it to work on the iPhone or ipad either so we will not get any help there. I was just trying this route on my own. Not sure if its possible but the logical side of me says if it can work on two mac products then surely it can work on the MacBook or iMac.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. :eek:

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

What version of exchange server are they using. My company uses a really old version (2003), which works on the ios, but there is no support on the mac.

<soapbox>
    I was hoping with Lion and this "back to the mac" thing, they would bring some useful stuff from ios to the mac like the ability to work with exchange 2003, but alas, we got crap like mission control instead.
    </soapbox>

3. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Thats a good question, Im not sure what year of exchange they are using. I will have to check on Monday. I assume that is probably the issue.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Bookmark the site MacWindows.com. Pay attention to the reader reports in the right hand column on the front page. They might be of help.

5. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Thank you for that info. I will read through and pose the question there as well. Im sure the issue is like you said we are more then likely using exchange 2003. Ill know for sure tomorrow but thanks for the info.