Microsoft exchange & mail.....expert plz.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fly2waleed, Mar 19, 2009.

1. fly2waleed macrumors newbie

hi
    I set up my Microsoft exchange for my company in my iphone 3g and it work fine.
    but when i try to setup the same Acc. in leopard i get error.the same server name and user$password i write in iphone i applied on the leopard mail program but no help
    any way to copy the setting from the i phone to mail program .
    or
    any help how to setup mail in leopard for Microsoft exchange.
    info- i setup the Microsoft Entourage it's work but i don't want to use this program.
    i prefer leopard mail.
    thanks

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Unless your Exchange server is set up to use IMAP, you won't be able to access your Exchange account via Mail.app -- you'll have to ask your Exchange admin whether IMAP is set up. If it's only using the Exchange protocols, Entourage, your iPhone, and Outlook Web Access are your only options at this time.

Why don't you want to use Entourage?

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Can someone help me set up Entourage? I am unsure if my exchange server does Imap since I just use outlook web access. I log in by going to 'mail.xxx.com/exchange' and log in to check emails but would love to have it via entourage. What information do I need to set up?

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

This depends on what version of Entourage you're using, and what version of Exchange you're using. If you're using Entourage 2008 with all of the updates and Exchange 2007, all you probably need is your domain name and username (that's what you enter in the first field in Outlook Web Access) and your password (the second field in Outlook Web Access). Then, if your Exchange server is set up to allow for it, Entourage will find the rest of the settings on its own, and you're all set. (And if you're on Exchange 2007, you can check with your Exchange admin to see if they think that you should try the Entourage for Exchange Web Services beta. Remember that it's beta software, so you need to decide if you're comfortable running it.

If you're using Entourage 2004 or earlier, or if your Exchange server is 2003 or earlier, then you'll also need the name of your Exchange server (which might be the same as the URL that you use to connect to Outlook Web Access). For complete details of how to set up Entourage 2008 with your Exchange account, here is instructions for configuring it.

Regards,
    Nadyne.