Microsoft exchange not pushing calendar color coding?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sehender1, Jul 13, 2008.

1. sehender1 macrumors newbie

Hey.
    I've got my new Iphone sync'd with my work email through Microsoft Exchange. Works just fine, except if I color-code appointments in exchange on my PC, the colors aren't pushing through to the iPhone calendar.

I know I've seen promo pics of the iPhone in which appointments are color-coded, but I'm wondering if that's just for MobileMe accounts.

Any ideas? Is there a setting in Microsoft Exchange or Outlook itself that I'm missing?

Thanks much in advance for any help or ideas.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I asked the same question in another thread... no answers yet.

3. okhouri macrumors newbie

Calendar Colour Coding

The color coding on the iPhone doesn’t work the same way it does on Outlook/Exchange. On Outlook 2007, the colour corresponds to the category, on the iPhone it corresponds to the folder. So, if you want colour in your iPhone calendar you need to create a new calendar folder under your main calendar folder (in Outlook/Exchange). The iPhone will sync both folders. The content of the main folder will be in one color and the appointments in the subfolder will appear on the iPhone in a different color.

4. icewing macrumors 6502

When I do this, the items in the subfolders don't show up when I'm looking at the main calendar level - any way to accomplish this?