Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whiteshadoww

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Santa Monica, CA
In addition to two Gmail accounts, I added my work email account which operates through Microsoft Exchange. At the end of the process, I was asked to change my passcode. I canceled the process and retried several times and each time it asked for a new passcode. It would not sync my work email without changing the passcode.

My colleague has new iPhone but was not asked to change him passcode when he added our work email to his new iPhone. It is extremely annoying to have to enter in a passcode for any iPhone function (even if not accessing the work email).

Any way to turn this off?

johnwin

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008
Hull, UK
In addition to two Gmail accounts, I added my work email account which operates through Microsoft Exchange. At the end of the process, I was asked to change my passcode. I canceled the process and retried several times and each time it asked for a new passcode. It would not sync my work email without changing the passcode.

My colleague has new iPhone but was not asked to change him passcode when he added our work email to his new iPhone. It is extremely annoying to have to enter in a passcode for any iPhone function (even if not accessing the work email).

Any way to turn this off?

This is a requirement set at the exchange server end. Looks like your company it requires it whist your friends does not. Unless you know the it guy and can get it altered then you are stuck with it.

BTW - do a search of these forums - the matter is discussed at great length.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.