Microsoft Exchange set up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickafc1903, May 27, 2009.

1. nickafc1903 macrumors newbie

I currently have a Blackberry set up on work Outlook exchange and am hoping to use my iphone instead. I am having trouble setting up a new account on the iphone. can anyone tell me how to find the domain? I think this is something to do with activesync but cannot find it. I am also able to use an owa server so hoping just one part of the puzzle missing so can use iphone instead.

Any help would be appreciated

2. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I would check with your IT folks, and make sure Activesync is allowed on your account. They can tell you pretty easily. Also, does OWA use HTTPS [SSL]? If not, it may not work well. If it does, just use the host/domain name of the box. Meaning, just type owa.domain.com. Don't use the https://owa.domain.com/owa.

If it finds it, it'll ask to approve the cert [unless you're using THWARTE, or something, then it'll just accept it]. Put in your username/pass/domain [AD Domain, not the .com one, unless they're the same?].

That's all I did, and it works well. But remember, Activesync needs to be on, and enabled on your account. If not, it won't work.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

If you use Windows machines at work, it should tell you what the domain is at the logon screen. If not, ask your IT dept.