Microsoft is deceitful - surprise, surprise :)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by w8ing4intelmacs, Jan 19, 2008.

1. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

I got a letter from Microsoft today that I expected to have my $100 rebate for Microsoft Office (from Black Friday). Instead, it was a letter saying that I didn't include the front cover of my manual (required for the rebate). But I did.

So, I called Microsoft, waited on hold. Once I got a customer rep, he pulled up my rebate submission, and basically said, "Ooops, I guess you did submit everything. I'll put this through. You should get your rebate check in 2-3 weeks."

I can't help but think that Microsoft did that purposely.

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I hardly think Microsoft is out to get you (or anyone). It was in all likelihood an honest mistake.

Office is a very popular product; Microsoft would rather you be happy with it than defect to iWork or NeoOffice. ;)

3. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

They did something similar to my wife. They disallowed her rebate since they claimed that she bought it on 11/26 when that was in fact the shipping date. Once I pointed this out to them they relented and put the rebate through, just as they did for you. I agree that this is most likely a business strategy to keep every penny that they can.

4. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

FYI, I already got and cashed my $100 check without issue.

So they are out to get you, just not me. :p

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

TextEdit. :)

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I'd love to see you produce a presentation with TextEdit. ;) Remember, Office is more than just Word. ;)

7. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Ohhh can it be an ASCII art presentation??

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

[​IMG]
    Click for bigger pic.
    What you talkin' about Willis? :eek: :p

Office does have its purpose though (or iWork or NeoOffice). However, considering how useful the software (and others like it) is for a lot of users, we should have some standards by now (and this you can blame on Microsoft).

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

they can just ignore you unless you call them, IF they were to get you on this, instead, they send you a mail! lol

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Microsoft is hardly out to get you. They don't even handle the rebates; they farm it out to a company that specializes in rebate administration.

11. chendur macrumors newbie

Exactly the same case for me!! They told me that my rebate is rejected... then after telling them I sent everything I see the status now that rebate will be sent in 3 weeks!!

12. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

I should have bought office on Black Friday, I bought it yesterday, to much money :(

JC7

13. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

why are you posting this it's a little error it got fixed no problem didn't it, don't worry about it.

14. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

how much did you pay? I know amazon is selling it for $130 (3 licenses)

15. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Hey! I bought that from Amazon. I missed the fact that it was good for "3 licenses" when I bought it. Now I have installed it on my iMAC and my wife's Mac-Mini using the first two codes. And . . . I have a 3rd unused code.

I am not familiar with this "3 licenses" thing. Does that mean that I can legally install it on yet another Mac?

16. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Yeah...that's the point...3 licenses for 3 computers.

17. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

...as long as they are all within your household ;). Don't try to sell it to someone else; that would technically be a violation of the contract.

18. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Ich verstehe. All my friends own Windows PCs. Sad. :(

19. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

or a family member at collage, that they are fine with....

Note: if you try to use the same code on multiple computers in your house it will use the network and only allow you to use one at a time