Microsoft Laser mouse with the Mac, Can't customize tilt wheel?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gregharmon, Sep 25, 2008.

1. gregharmon macrumors newbie

I was using a logitech mouse with my mac in which I could customize the tilt left/right functions to do whatever I wanted. I now have a Microsft Natural Laser 6000 mouse and it has the tilt functionality but I can't seem to customize it to do what I want; to be able to flip back and forth through spaces by tilting my scroll wheel left or right. I could do this with the logitech by setting tilt left/right to ctrl > or ctrl <.

If I can't figure out how to do this, I'm just going to switch back to the logitech. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

2. gregharmon thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done that already. The Intellipoint 6.3 software doesn't allow me to do what I need. It only allows me to set the standard buttons. No left/right tilt customization besides horizontal scroll speed. Pretty lame, eh?

3. 11800506 macrumors 65816

That is pretty annoying... not sure what you can do about that though.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Logitech drivers allow for customization more than MS drivers do.

5. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

I have not tried this, but...

Back in my powerbook days, i used a utility called sidetrck to give me extra functionality. it gave me more buttons, and all the wonderful things we have today. maybe it will work for you eith an app like this?
    let us know, I am interested in those mice as well. Although, my experience with 3 Microsoft wireless mice says, their batteries last 2 weeks. my logitech ones, go like 3 months.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/27620
    I hope it suits your needs,
    B