Microsoft Licenses Flash Lite for Windows Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skeen, Mar 17, 2008.

1. skeen macrumors 6502

They've also licensed their PDF viewing stuff. What do you guys make of this? Looks like MS is hitting Apple where it hurts.

2. cgray24 macrumors member

Im sorry, but the quality standards for Windows Mobile are much lower than the iPhone. Sure why not, they don't care, hopefully all the flash whiners will go over there. :)

Even as a flash developer I don't miss flash on the iphone hardly at all. Let them figure out the best way to do it, hopefully with Adobe's help with a more streamlined Flash Lite player. Flash is entirely overused anyway.

3. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

i want the 'internet in my pocket'. whether or not flash is a software mess, stupid, dumb, whatever, it still makes up a good chunk of the web, and i don't want to be limited in the event i need or want to view a flash file or website. it isn't a dealbreaker for me (obviously), but still..

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Yes, MS licensed FlashLite 3, which allows videos and some Flash 8 content.

Note that this is NOT the same as the two versions (FlashLite 2 and Flash Mobile 7) that Jobs was talking about.

Interesting, since MS is trying to push their own Silverlight.

I wish I had a late model Nokia... there's a developer's version of FlashLite 3 available at the Adobe mobile website. Would love to see what it can / can't do.