Microsoft LifeCam HD way overexposed!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Inconsequential, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

Got a problem where using this camera on my Mac Pro results in a way over exposed image with absolutely no way of control it from my searching!

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,
    James

2. Mr Robi macrumors newbie

LifeCam problems on Mac OSX Lion

I had the same problem. My LifeCam HD worked great until I upgraded to Lion. I'm still looking for a solution, but here's my current work-around:

1. Download CameraControl from here: http://www.phoboslab.org/log/2009/07/uvc-camera-control-for-mac-os-x

2. Extract the app from the ZIP file and run it. Your camera exposure should be better. Leave this app running.

3. Run PhotoBooth or FaceTime. Your exposure should be fine.

You will always need to start CameraControl before any other video capture app -- otherwise it will reset to being over exposed.

I haven't tried with Skype yet.

3. alforque macrumors newbie

Sadly, Camera Control did nothing for me. Were you able to fix your LifeCam? I'll keep an eye on this thread.

4. v8raun macrumors newbie

Skype works too

Skype does the same thing as camera control (i use osx lion 10.7.4 and a microsoft lifecam studio), but in my case it doesn't matter, if i leave the app running or not! After i started Skype once, the exposure is fine in FaceTime, photo booth etc., also if i quit Skype before or during i use one of the mentioned apps!

5. alforque macrumors newbie

Thanks! Unfortunately, this didn't work for the Microsoft LifeCam.

The app recognizes the webcam, but returns "request failed" on all actions.

6. Bud DaDude macrumors newbie

Bud DaDude

A simple fix is to put some sunglasses with polarised lenses in front of the camera.